IAKS Ice Rink Management Conference 2016 in Dresden (Germany)
The 16th IAKS Management Conference is taking place in Dresden (Germany) from 10 to 12 May 2016. The conference is regularly attended by roughly 150 operators and employees of ice tracks and indoor ice rinks throughout Germany, Austria and other European countries.
The topics are:
- Sledge ice hockey: Inclusion and accessibility in ice sports halls
- New ice hockey boards – flexible ice hockey boards?
- DEL 2 Event Games: Dresden 2016
- Alternative usage of ice sports halls during off-peak times
- The new Industrial Safety Ordinance / TRAS 110 + risk assessments in ice stadiums
- Modernisation of skating tracks with special concrete
- Changeover of lighting to LED: reports on experience + requirements
- Energy efficiency in indoor ice rinks
- Battery sets for ice resurfacers – modern charging technology and its effects on profitability
- Marketing strategy and social media policy of the EnergieVerbund Arena Dresden
A trade exhibition will be held in connection with the seminar at which the companies of the artificial ice sector will present their innovations, machines and equipment for ice preparation.
The capital of Saxony is internationally known for its in large part reconstructed Old Town displaying architecture from different epochs, with the Frauenkirche at Neumarkt, the Semperoper and the Hofkirche as well as the Castle and the Zwinger. Dresden has been historically known as “Florence on the Elbe”, originally mainly because of its art collections, although its architecture exhibiting baroque and Mediterranean influences and its location in the Elbe valley have also contributed to this (Wikipedia).
Please have a look at the programme and other interesting information on the 16th IAKS Management Conference 2016 in Dresden here.